Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Manager - Hospital Pharmacy
Job ID: 2187
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Clinical Pharmacy Managers will consult with pharmacists to develop and implement innovative clinical services that improve patient outcomes and reduce cost. Responsibilities will include evaluating clients P&T, formulary process, clinical pharmacist execution and implementing changes. Managers have responsibility for the management of complex client engagements with a command of best practices and performance metrics across our clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships with client management to assess their needs, and design and implement solutions based on Hurons methodology that meet or exceed specified engagement results. You will have demonstrated experience and political savvy working with client executives to maintain the appropriate level of client support and momentum throughout the engagement. In this visible role as a brand ambassador for Huron Healthcare you will contribute to innovation and advancement of existing solution capabilities. You will thrive in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. As a Manager, you will spend a significant amount of time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level integrity, personal and Huron values, along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Managers in the Non-Labor/Pharmacy service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical operations in the hospital pharmacy
- Lead engagement planning; organize and schedule resources; and ensure compliance with internal policies and engagement administration
- Utilize tools to measure engagement progress, benefits provided to clients, achievement of budget expectations
- Develop work plans and coordinate daily fieldwork and engagement team activities
- Assist in preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, process flows, quality reviews and presentations
- Client Relationship Management
- Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results - Managing and Leading Teams
- Create an effective work environment setting a positive tone, establishing performance expectations and driving accountability through motivation
- Accomplish work through others by managing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Provide leadership to both consulting and client personnel to identify, quantify, implement and measure specific improvement initiatives
- Effectively direct, coach, motivate and evaluate analysts and associates including completion of all elements of Hurons performance management process
- Conduct client interviews related to data analysis, data interpretation, and process design
- Lead team efforts in developing solutions to difficult or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Adapt methodologies to typical and complex situations, circumstances and new requirements
- Based on clinical pharmacy expertise, the use of drug-specific knowledge of therapeutic and toxic effects will be employed to assist in analysis
Communication and Executive Disposition:
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Represent Huron Healthcare with poise, professionalism and confidence
- Communicate effectively with all levels of client management, including C-suite client leadership
- Monitor scope of client expectations surrounding delivery of generated results
- Practice Development
- Participate as a leader in practice management which includes tools and methodologies to deliver work, and talent development including recruiting
- Participate in activities such as sales pursuits, solution advancement and methodology, recruiting, and internal training development, as appropriate
- Ongoing dataset/drug library management for client datasets
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Pharm.D degree required
- Minimum 9 years clinical, operations and administrative pharmacy experience in a large Academic Medical Center or Teaching Hospital setting as a Hospital Pharmacy Director or Clinical Manager including experience with pharmacy supply chain operations - sourcing, contracting and purchasing activities and providing recommendations regarding drug therapy to medical staff committees.
- Willingness to travel weekly (Monday-Thursday)
- Work extended hours as necessary
- A Masters degree in Pharmacy, Business Administration, in Health or Hospital Administration is a plus - ASHP clinically-oriented pharmacy residency (PGY1 or PGY2) preferred
- Healthcare delivery/provider experience with formal engagement leadership experience focused on cost reduction and/or process re-engineering/improvement initiatives
- Proven success managing large engagement teams (5+) through the creation and management of detailed work plans, resources and expense budgets, as well as, coaching, mentorship and performance management
- Recent healthcare consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment
- Able to demonstrate solid negotiation skills to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverables in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to oversee the teams analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Hurons standards of quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools including PowerPoint, Word and Excel and a knowledge of advanced Excel functions including pivot tables and vlookups
- Able to work with and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive performance improvements/initiatives.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Appropriately influencing and negotiating with clients and willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Huron's methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated fit with Huron culture and alignment with Huron's core values of Integrity, Passion, Pursuit of Excellence, Collaboration and Accountability
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?