Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Manager - Hospital Labor Productivity/Clinical (RN)
Job ID: 2429
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
Managers have responsibility for the management of complex client engagements with a command of best practices and performance metrics across our clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships with client management to assess their needs, and design and implement solutions based on Hurons methodology that meet or exceed specified engagement results. You will have demonstrated experience and political savvy working with client executives to maintain the appropriate level of client support and momentum throughout the engagement.
In this visible role as a brand ambassador for Huron Healthcare you will contribute to innovation and advancement of existing solution capabilities. You will thrive in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. As a Manager, you will spend a significant amount of time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the propriate
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or a health-related field required
- Minimum of 6 years relevant hospital operations experience managing department or team-based engagements including a focus on the implementation of process re-engineering/ performance improvement initiatives within a hospital/health system and/or healthcare consulting firm setting
- Willingness to travel weekly (Monday-Thursday)
- Work extended hours as necessary
- A Masters degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Health or Hospital Administration is highly desirable
- Certification in project management (PMP) and/or change management methodology (Lean, Six Sigma) desired
- Healthcare delivery/provider experience beyond normal patient care and/or department administrative responsibilities which would include formal engagement leadership experience focused on process re-engineering/improvement initiatives, such as, nurse staffing and scheduling delivery models and expense reduction; EMR implementation and labor benchmarking and productivity analysis related to patient flow, care delivery and clinical transformation
- Recent healthcare consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment
- Proven success managing large engagement teams (5+) through the creation and management of detailed work plans, resources and expense budgets
- Able to demonstrate solid negotiation skills to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverables in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to oversee the teams analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Hurons standards of quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools including Excel pivot tables and vlookups
- Able to work with and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive performance improvements/initiatives.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Ability to appropriately influence clients and willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Huron's methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.