Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Managers have responsibility for the management of complex client engagements with a command of best practices and performance metrics across our clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships with client management to assess their needs, and design and implement solutions based on Hurons methodology that meet or exceed specified engagement results. You will have demonstrated experience and political savvy working with client executives to maintain the appropriate level of client support and momentum throughout the engagement. In this visible role as a brand ambassador for Huron Healthcare you will contribute to innovation and advancement of existing solution capabilities. You will thrive in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. As a Manager, you will spend a significant amount of time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level integrity, personal and Huron values, along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Managers in the Human Resources service line must demonstrate performance in the following: Engagement Management:
- Lead engagement planning; organize and schedule resources; and ensure compliance with internal policies and engagement administration
- Utilize tools to measure engagement progress, benefits provided to clients, achievement of budget expectations
- Develop work plans and coordinate daily fieldwork and engagement team activities
- Assist in preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, process flows, quality reviews and presentations
Client Relationship Management:
- Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results
Managing and Leading Teams:
- Create an effective work environment setting a positive tone, establishing performance expectations and driving accountability through motivation
- Provide leadership to both consulting and client personnel to identify, quantify, implement and measure specific improvement initiatives
- Effectively direct, coach, motivate and evaluate analysts and associates including completion of all elements of Hurons performance management process
- Conduct client interviews related to data analysis, data interpretation, and process design
- Lead team efforts in developing solutions to difficult or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Adapt methodologies to typical and complex situations, circumstances and new requirements
- Communication and Executive Disposition
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Communicate effectively with all levels of client management, including C-suite client leadership
- Monitor scope of client expectations surrounding delivery of generated results
- Participate as a leader in practice management which includes tools and methodologies to deliver work, and talent development including recruiting
- Accomplish work through others by managing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Represent Huron Healthcare with poise, professionalism and confidence
* BA/BS in business or related field or higher degree in Human Resource Management preferred.
* SPHR or CEBS desired.
*7+ years in health and benefits consulting. Consulting firm background/experience a MUST, preferably in an accounting/consulting firm or HR consulting firm.
o Preparation of employee benefit program diagnostic and financial impact studies
o Preparation of managed care plan design and pricing analyses
o Evaluation and summarization of data sets, including claims for self-insured programs
o Vendor search and selection replacement including evaluation of responses o Preparation of employee benefit plan financial projections and COBRA rate development, underwriting experience a plus
o Review of health plan performance, including reviewing and negotiating policy year settlements and premium rate/administrative fee vendor renewals
- Experience supervising project teams and co-workers and ability to coach and mentor staff
- Ability to actively manage and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, outcomes, etc.
- Ability to provide targeted communication, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents.
- Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process, etc.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals and personalities in a team environment.
Possess the following skill sets:
o detailed oriented
o solid written and documentation skills
o excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
o ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
o desire to do meaningful work and make a difference Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Ability to make the following minimum travel commitment:
Monday - Thursday on-site at client location/Friday home office - each/every week. As such, our consultants can live anywhere in the lower 48 states as long as they are near a major airport.