Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Manager, Hospital Employee Benefit Plan Design and Implementation - Any Major US City
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Managers have responsibility for the management of complex client engagements with a command of best practices and performance metrics across our clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships with client management to assess their needs, and design and implement solutions based on Hurons methodology that meet or exceed specified engagement results. You will have demonstrated experience and political savvy working with client executives to maintain the appropriate level of client support and momentum throughout the engagement. In this visible role as a brand ambassador for Huron Healthcare you will contribute to innovation and advancement of existing solution capabilities. You will thrive in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. As a Manager, you will spend a significant amount of time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level integrity, personal and Huron values, along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Managers in the Human Resources service line must demonstrate performance in the following: Engagement Management:
- Lead engagement planning; organize and schedule resources; and ensure compliance with internal policies and engagement administration
- Utilize tools to measure engagement progress, benefits provided to clients, achievement of budget expectations
- Develop work plans and coordinate daily fieldwork and engagement team activities
- Assist in preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, process flows, quality reviews and presentations
Client Relationship Management:
- Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results
Managing and Leading Teams:
- Create an effective work environment setting a positive tone, establishing performance expectations and driving accountability through motivation
- Provide leadership to both consulting and client personnel to identify, quantify, implement and measure specific improvement initiatives
- Effectively direct, coach, motivate and evaluate analysts and associates including completion of all elements of Hurons performance management process
- Conduct client interviews related to data analysis, data interpretation, and process design
- Lead team efforts in developing solutions to difficult or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Adapt methodologies to typical and complex situations, circumstances and new requirements
- Communication and Executive Disposition
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Communicate effectively with all levels of client management, including C-suite client leadership
- Monitor scope of client expectations surrounding delivery of generated results
- Participate as a leader in practice management which includes tools and methodologies to deliver work, and talent development including recruiting
- Accomplish work through others by managing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Represent Huron Healthcare with poise, professionalism and confidence
* BA/BS in business or related field or higher degree in Human Resource Management preferred.
* SPHR or CEBS desired.
*7+ years in health and benefits consulting. Consulting firm background/experience a MUST, preferably in an accounting/consulting firm or HR consulting firm.
o Preparation of employee benefit program diagnostic and financial impact studies
o Preparation of managed care plan design and pricing analyses
o Evaluation and summarization of data sets, including claims for self-insured programs
o Vendor search and selection replacement including evaluation of responses o Preparation of employee benefit plan financial projections and COBRA rate development, underwriting experience a plus
o Review of health plan performance, including reviewing and negotiating policy year settlements and premium rate/administrative fee vendor renewals
- Experience supervising project teams and co-workers and ability to coach and mentor staff
- Ability to actively manage and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, outcomes, etc.
- Ability to provide targeted communication, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents.
- Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process, etc.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals and personalities in a team environment.
Possess the following skill sets:
o detailed oriented
o solid written and documentation skills
o excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
o ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
o desire to do meaningful work and make a difference Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Ability to make the following minimum travel commitment:
Monday - Thursday on-site at client location/Friday home office - each/every week. As such, our consultants can live anywhere in the lower 48 states as long as they are near a major airport.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.