Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Manager, Healthcare Strategic Advisory Solutions
Job ID: 2313
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Job Practice Description:
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
Managers in the Healthcare Strategy & Advisory practice will have responsibility for the management of complex multiple client strategy/advisory engagements across the hospital and health system provider environment. Our clients range from large academic medical centers to very large integrated delivery systems. One must effectively communicate and build relationships with client management to assess the external environment, build models for the future and design strategic solutions that exceed client expectations. You will be expected to work with client executives to maintain the appropriate level of client support and momentum throughout the project.
You will be expected to build the Huron brand by contributing to innovation and advancement of existing solution capabilities. You will work collaboratively in a team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. Managers oversee the work of Analysts and Associates on the project teams and help them develop through mentorship and coaching. You must demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards along with a commitment to the Huron values.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Master’s Degree required: Masters of Business Administration, Masters of Hospital Administration, Masters of Public Health or comparable graduate degree
• Minimum of 4 years of strategy consulting experience required - healthcare industry preferred
• Key skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in strategy formation and execution including the areas of organizational design, growth strategy, mergers & acquisitions, affiliations and partnerships
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Demonstrate solid negotiation skills to effectively manage client expectations for project deliverables in order to meet or exceed project objectives while maintaining budget
- Able to work with and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment
- Proven success managing large teams through creating and managing detailed work plans and resource and expense budgets
- Direct supervisory experience for the work of 4 - 7 project team members supporting multiple client engagements, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations
- Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping
- Strong attention to detail in order to oversee the team’s analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Solid written and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron’s standards of quality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
• Willingness to travel 80% weekly (Monday-Thursday) and work overtime as needed
• Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?