Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Consulting Director, Salesforce (Higher Education)
Category: Business Advisory Consulting, Enterprise Solutions & Analytics Consulting, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Consulting companies are not all created equal and while Huron values a humble attitude, we don’t mind admitting one fact: the collective experience of our colleagues and our global footprint gives us a distinct edge in the Enterprise Solutions & Analytics arena. Because our clients rely on Huron’s forward-thinking perspective, we take the brightest consultants and immerse them in a collaborative culture that fosters brilliance.
As a leader of cloud implementations, we have significant Oracle, Workday and Salesforce expertise and are the largest and fastest-growing EPM firm in North America. With inspiring capabilities in Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Intelligence, Data Integration (and so much more), Huron guarantees to ignite your true potential.
The innovation and insight we develop today become the solutions of tomorrow.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for designing project solutions within Higher Education with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and the Force.com platform. In this capacity the SA will have an expert understanding of Salesforce.com standard applications, Force.com web application development, Salesforce integration, Salesforce features, and tools such as the Force.com API, APEX, Visualforce, and the AppExchange that are used to extend the standard product set. Candidate must be able to lead a technical requirements gathering session, write requirements, technical architecture documents and manage integration tasks. They also must have a solid business understanding.
• Design and document an end-to-end Salesforce solution to include:
• Leading technical requirements gathering sessions and writing technical requirements documents.
• Leading technical design sessions and writing technical design documents.
• Managing the technical delivery of integrations and custom extensions.
• Managing technical scope and client expectation.
• Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
• Designing and managing the execution of test plans and ensuring a quality solution is delivered.
• Ability to work with developers US-Based and Offshore
• Effectively work with Project Managers, Customers, Development Leads and the Account Managers.
• Educate Customer as a Salesforce.com Evangelist
• In-depth Visual Force and Apex knowledge
• Familiarity with Force.com platform technical limitations and common technical design patterns
• 7+ years of consulting experience.
• Ability to deliver integration projects.
• Ability to define and deliver custom Force.com enterprise applications.
• Hands on development experience with the Salesforce.com API.
• Client-focused attitude. A customer advocate.
• 7 + years of experience managing external client projects in positions of increasing responsibility in the delivery of business consulting, systems development, and systems.
• Knowledge of enterprise systems, CRM, SFA, and ERP.
• Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems.
• Experience with Enterprise Integration tools.
• Experience with web application development either in .net or J2EE.
• Extensive experience with Extract, transformation and load tools.
• Demonstrated deployments of enterprise software systems using industry standard environments including XML, HTTP/HTTPS, Java, C++, and ASP.
• A thorough understanding of XML, SQL, and enterprise application integration.
• Minimum Travel required during the process & discovery sessions at the client locations.
• Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.
Salesforce.com Certified (Architect or Developer)
Sales Cloud or Service Cloud certifications are a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information System, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related IT discipline
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.