Job ID: 2464
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Directors in the Labor service line are responsible for leading the delivery of Huron Healthcare consulting solutions for multiple clients simultaneously, working closely with our Senior Directors and Managing Directors to deliver the highest quality services and results to our clients. This role has significant responsibility for managing engagements with varying degrees of complexity. Director must be able to effectively communicate and build relationships with client executives and management to assess business needs and design and implement measureable solutions using Hurons methodology that meet or exceed specified engagement objectives. Lead and oversee engagement teams by creating a collaborative, high performance work environment while continually addressing issues and ensuring successful outcomes throughout the engagement. This role will thrive in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. Directors are responsible for participating in business development activities by developing strong, lasting trusted advisor business relationships with clients that lead to positive references and follow-on work. Directors play a supporting role in new business development, e.g., proposal development, material preparation for sales meetings, and representing their solution during the sales process. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level integrity, personal values and Huron Values along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Directors in the Labor service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
- Engagement Management and Delivery
- Manage and deliver defined scope of engagement plan including oversight of related activities, timelines, staff scheduling, deliverables and outcomes providing support to Huron Managing Directors
- Apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to perform benefit modeling that clearly demonstrate the value of our solution to clients and prospective clients
- Lead and focus team efforts in data gathering and analysis, data interpretation, process design, and developing solutions to difficult or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Utilize proprietary tracking tools to measure engagement progress, benefits provided to clients, and achievement of budget expectations
- Client Relationship Management
- Build and manage successful client relationships at the Director level and above, generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results - Directing and Leading Teams
- Successfully lead and manage a diverse team of professionals on large complex engagements by fostering a collaborative team culture
- Orchestrate multiple complex engagement work streams through others by directing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Identify, create, drive and deliver innovative service strategies and tools to generate significant profitable revenue opportunities at new and existing clients
- Provide quality control and performance outcomes for work performed by the engagement team
- Play a key role in the retention, professional development and performance management of staff including mentoring, coaching and recruiting
- Communication and Executive Disposition - Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences; must be able to persuade and influence the actions of others ; interactions will range from routine to complex and include formal and informal presentations, one-on-one and group discussions
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Prepare final client status reports and create presentations to clients and engagement staff that demonstrate full command of factual material
- Manage day-to-day client relationships including executive management
- Sales and Practice Development
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships to expand current engagements and identify new business, and cross-selling opportunities
- Build a strong network of client and industry relationships which strengthen the Huron prominence in the market and provide avenues that generate new business
- Participate as a leader in practice management and innovation which includes creating and enhancing current tools, methodologies, recruiting practices, and personnel development processes
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or a health-related field required
- A minimum of 12 years relevant hospital operations experience leading department(s), service line(s) and/or teams including a minimum of 3-4 years recent experience with a healthcare consulting firm with subject matter expertise in labor performance improvement
- Current formal complex project management experience using a defined methodology
- Ability to forecast project/engagement goals and align required resources to deliver on client needs
- Willingness to travel weekly (Monday-Thursday)
- Work extended hours as necessary
- A Masters degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Health or Hospital Administration is highly desirable - Certification in project management (PMP) and/or change management methodology (Lean, Six Sigma) desired
- Extensive consulting experience with healthcare delivery/providers in one or more of the following areas: Patient Flow; Process Reengineering; Operating Room Scheduling and Utilization; and Emergency Department Flow - Proven success managing large teams and complex projects (creating work plans, budgets, goal setting)
- Supervisory and team development experience, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring on a day-to-day basis
- Able to demonstrate solid negotiation skills to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverables in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
- Multi-task across directing multiple concurrent projects, leading teams, managing clients, building new business and developing people. Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to oversee the teams analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Hurons standards of quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools Attributes
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations - Able to work with and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive performance improvements/initiatives.
- Ability to appropriately influence clients and willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Hurons methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport