Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Director, Healthcare Strategic Advisory Solutions
Job ID: 2694
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Job Practice Description:
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
Directors in the Healthcare Strategy & Advisory practice are responsible for co- leading major strategy engagements for some of the most significant healthcare institutions in the United States. Working closely with our Managing Directors to deliver the highest quality consulting services to our clients, Directors have significant responsibility for managing large complex engagements ranging from advising large academic medical centers to multi-state, integrated delivery systems. You will effectively communicate and build relationships with client executives to assess strategic needs, provide a view of the future and design solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. You will lead and oversee project teams by creating collaborative, high performance work environments while continually addressing issues and ensuring successful outcomes throughout the project. We expect Directors to work collaboratively in a team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements.
Directors have close collaboration with Huron Managing Directors and Senior Directors in areas of thought leadership, staff development, intellectual property creation, sales, speaking engagements and development of client relationships.
Our Director led consulting teams work onsite with client teams analyzing and leveraging strategic, operational and financial data of our client organizations. Directors will design and facilitate the development and implementation of recommendations, maintain schedules, and attend meetings with the client. They will leverage the qualitative and quantitative input to drive the effective strategic performance in:
• Strategic Growth
• Service Line Development
• Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions
• Transaction Advisory Support
• Organizational Redesign
• Health System Network Development
• Population Health Infrastructure
• Health System Integration
Directors within Healthcare Strategy and Advisory practice will work with Huron senior leadership to develop and present findings, create C-suite level presentations and are engaged in a collaborative and fast evolving industry environment. They are expected to supervise the work of Managers, Associates and Analysts on the project team and help them develop by providing mentorship and coaching. Directors must demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards along with a commitment to Huron by championing company values and administrative practices.
Directors are responsible for participating in limited business development activities. They are expected to begin to develop strong, lasting trusted advisor business relationships with clients that lead to positive references and follow-on work. They are expected to play a supporting role in new business development.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Master’s Degree required: Masters of Business Administration, Masters of Hospital Administration, Masters of Public Health or comparable graduate degree
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in strategy for the healthcare industry required
• Willingness to travel 80% (Monday – Thursday)
• Extensive consulting and firm leadership experience in one of more of the following areas:
Hospital and health system strategy and organizational structure, service line planning and development, mergers & acquisitions of provider organizations, transaction support and design of joint ventures, operating companies and strategic alliances between provider organizations, regional health system network development and execution
• Proven success in managing large teams and complex projects (work plans, budgets, goal setting)
• Supervisory and team development experience, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring on a day-to-day basis
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations.
• Ability to approach problems in new and flexible ways in order to distill complex business issues in actionable recommendations and plans
• Able to demonstrate solid negotiation skills and the ability to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverables in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
• Multi-task across directing projects, leading teams, managing clients, building new business and developing people. Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions
• Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical skills (including problem solving, qualitative and quantitative reasoning) in order to oversee the team’s analysis and recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
• Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
• Demonstrated written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron’s standards of quality
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communications and presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
• Able to collaborate and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive strategic planning
• Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
• Willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?