Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Director, Clinical Patient Access
Job ID: 1506
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: n/a (Pipeline only)
Directors in the Care Access service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
- Engagement Management and Delivery
- Manage and deliver defined scope of engagement plan including oversight of related activities, timelines, staff scheduling, deliverables and outcomes providing support to Huron Managing Directors
- Apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to perform benefit modeling that clearly demonstrate the value of our solution to clients and prospective clients
- Lead and focus team efforts in data gathering and analysis, data interpretation, process design, and developing solutions to difficult or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Utilize proprietary tracking tools to measure engagement progress, benefits provided to clients, and achievement of budget expectation
- Client Relationship Management
- Build and manage successful client relationships at the Director level and above, generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results
- Directing and Leading Teams
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Successfully lead and manage a diverse team of professionals on large complex engagements by fostering a collaborative team culture
- Orchestrate multiple complex engagement work streams through others by directing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Identify, create, drive and deliver innovative service strategies and tools to generate significant profitable revenue opportunities at new and existing clients
- Provide quality control and performance outcomes for work performed by the engagement team
- Play a key role in the retention, professional development and performance management of staff including mentoring, coaching and recruiting
- Communication and Executive Disposition
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences; must be able to persuade and influence the actions of others; Interactions will range from routine to complex and include formal and informal presentations, one-on-one and group discussions
- Prepare final client status reports and create presentations to clients and engagement staff that demonstrate full command of factual material
- Manage day-to-day client relationships including executive management
- Sales and Practice Development
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships to expand current engagements and identify new business, and cross-selling opportunities
- Build a strong network of client and industry relationships which strengthen the Huron prominence in the market and provide avenues that generate new business
- Participate as a leader in practice management and innovation which includes creating and enhancing current tools, methodologies, recruiting practices, and personnel development processes
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience leading teams in the delivery and implementation of large complex performance improvement engagements
- Minimum of 4 years of recent experience in a process re-engineering consulting firm environment with subject matter expertise in hospital patient access, clinical operations and/or revenue cycle
- Current experience with healthcare HIS/EMR systems, i.e., Epic, McKesson, Cerner, etc.
- Current formal complex project management experience using a defined methodology (Lean/Six Sigma or
- Willingness to travel weekly (Monday-Thursday)
- Work extended hours as necessary
- Extensive experience leading the delivery of large, complex consulting projects with healthcare providers in patient access, clinical operations, and/or revenue cycle process re-engineering
- Proven success managing large teams and complex projects (creating work plans, budgets, goal setting)
- Supervisory and team development experience, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring on a day-to-day basis
- Able to demonstrate solid negotiation skills and the ability to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverable s in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
- Multi-task across directing multiple concurrent projects, leading teams, managing clients, identifying new business opportunities and developing people. Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to oversee the teams analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron's standards of quality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
- Able to collaborate and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive performance improvement
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Huron's methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.