Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Associate - Management Engineer in Hospital Labor Productivity
Job ID: 2509
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
Associates have responsibility for leading one or more project work streams in the implementation of complex, comprehensive solutions across our healthcare clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. This role build relationships with client staff and leadership to assess their needs through comprehensive data analytics, and implementing solutions using Huron’s tools and methodology that meet or exceed specified project results. Associates work with client leaders to solve business problems and maintain the appropriate level of support and momentum throughout the engagement.
This role thrives in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. Associates also spend time managing and mentoring junior staff on the project team by setting expectations and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, personal and Huron values along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or similar engineering degree
- Minimum of 4 years relevant hospital management engineer experience including a focus on the implementation of process re-engineering/performance improvement initiatives within a hospital/health system and/or healthcare consulting firm setting
- Willingness to travel weekly (Monday-Thursday)
- Work extended hours as necessary
- A Masters degree in Business Administration, Health or Hospital Administration is highly desirable
- Certification in project management (PMP) and/or change management methodology (Lean, Six Sigma) desired
- Healthcare delivery/provider experience focused on process re-engineering/improvement initiatives and labor benchmarking and productivity analysis including time studies to determine labor standards related to patient flow, care delivery and clinical transformation
- Recent healthcare consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment
- Proven success managing large engagement teams (5+) through the creation and management of detailed work plans, resources and expense budgets
- Able to demonstrate solid negotiation skills to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverables in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to oversee the teams analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Hurons standards of quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools including Excel pivot tables and vlookups Attributes
- Able to work with and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive performance improvements/initiatives.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Ability to appropriately influence clients and willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Hurons methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.