Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Associate - Hospital Labor Productivity/Clinical (RN)
Job ID: 2463
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Associates have responsibility for leading one or more project work streams in the implementation of complex, comprehensive solutions across our healthcare clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. This role build relationships with client staff and leadership to assess their needs through comprehensive data analytics, and implementing solutions using Hurons tools and methodology that meet or exceed specified project results. Associates work with client leaders to solve business problems and maintain the appropriate level of support and momentum throughout the engagement. This role thrives in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. Associates also spend time managing and mentoring junior staff on the project team by setting expectations and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, personal and Huron values along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Associates in the Labor service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
- Analytics and Problem Solving
- Utilize Huron methodologies to typical and complex situations while being able to adapt to changing circumstances and new requirements
- Conduct client interviews related to data analysis, data interpretation, and process design to identify, recommend, and solve business problems
- Construct and/or lead data analysis by ensuring efficient data collection, instructing on analytical choices and summarizing conclusions and recommendations
- Managing Projects & People
- Coordinate actions to get work completed efficiently which includes delegating and leveraging appropriate internal and client resources
- Assist in preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, process flows, quality reviews, training, and presentations
- Effectively directs and motivates junior staff, including providing formal feedback as part of the performance management program
- Client Relationship Management - Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results
- Serve as the direct point of contact with the client and quickly establish credibility for the respective project work stream by proactively building strategic working relationships
- Appropriately seek client input and cooperation while ensuring project goals are met
- Effectively obtain client feedback and appropriately respond to client concerns
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) and appropriately influence various audiences and levels of client management including risks and recommendations to project management
- Plan, organize and prioritize project activities using work plans and other project management tools
- Demonstrate all Hurons core values as well as a high level of self-awareness to respond to all situations and people with poise, professionalism, and appropriate communications
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or a health-related field required
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant clinical/RN operations experience including project-based performance improvement initiatives/role within a hospital/health system
- Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday)
- Work extended hours as necessary
- A Masters degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Health or Hospital Administration is highly desirable
- Recent healthcare consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment
- Healthcare delivery/provider experience with focused experience in process reengineering, project [work plan] management and labor
and productivity analysis related to patient flow/throughput, care delivery and clinical transformation
- Direct supervisory experience and proven ability to capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment, including coaching, mentorship and performance management
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) to develop analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Hurons standards of quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools including Excel pivot tables and vlookups
- Action OI benchmarking tool
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Appropriately influencing and negotiating with clients and willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Hurons methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?