Job ID: 2329
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Practice Description:
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
Job Solution Group Description:
Using your organizational goals as a guide, Huron Healthcare’s Strategy & Advisory solution provides the right transformation plan to accelerate clinical, operational, and financial performance. As the industry moves away from a fee-for-service model, hospitals, health systems, and physician organizations are at a critical point in determining their ability to succeed in a rapidly changing environment, which requires market based, strategic decision making. In order to remain a competitive healthcare provider and sustain future growth, organizations must conduct a strategic assessment of new growth models, and healthcare delivery, while continuously evaluating and addressing issues related to quality, access to capital, technology, and physician and patient engagement and loyalty. Huron creates the connection between strategy and performance improvement – a collaboration that offers healthcare providers a streamlined communication plan aimed at rapid results and sustainable change.
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Associates have responsibility for leading one or more project work streams in the implementation of complex, comprehensive strategic solutions across our healthcare clients that range from large academic medical centers to large integrated delivery systems. This role builds relationships with client staff and leadership to assess their needs through complex and comprehensive data analytics, research and financial modeling. Associates work with client leaders to solve strategic problems and maintain the appropriate level of support and momentum throughout the engagement.
This role thrives in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. Associates also spend time managing and mentoring junior staff on the project team by setting expectations and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, personal and Huron values along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Associates in the Healthcare Strategy Advisory service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
• Analytics and Problem Solving
o Utilize Huron tools and methodologies in complex situations while being able to adapt to changing circumstances and new requirements
o Develop Requests for Information (RFI)
o Conduct client interviews related to data analysis, data interpretation, and process design to identify, recommend, and solve business problems
o Construct and/or lead data analysis by ensuring efficient data collection, instructing on analytical choices and summarizing conclusions and recommendations
o Lead engagement research teams
o Conduct market research, including surveys
o Develop client deliverables, including reports and presentations
• Managing Projects & People
o Plan, organize and prioritize project activities using work plans and other project management tools
o Coordinate actions to get work completed efficiently which includes delegating and leveraging to appropriate internal and client resources
o Assist in preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, process flows, quality reviews, training, and presentations
o Effectively directs and motivates junior staff, including providing formal feedback as part of the performance management program
• Client Relationship Management
o Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results
o Serve as the direct point of contact with the client and quickly establish credibility for the respective project work stream by proactively building strategic working relationships
o Appropriately seek client input and cooperation while ensuring project goals are met
o Effectively obtain client feedback and appropriately respond to client concerns
• Professional Acumen
o Demonstrate all Huron’s core values as well as a high level of self-awareness to respond to all situations and people with poise, professionalism, and appropriate communications
o Communicate effectively (written and verbal) and appropriately influence various audiences and levels of client management including risks and recommendations to project management
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree from a major institution required or recent MBA/MHA degree
• A minimum of 3 years of strategy experience from either a consulting firm or strategy group in a hospital network system
• Willingness and ability to travel 80% weekly (Monday-Thursday)
• Work extended hours as necessary
• Recent consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment
• Healthcare provider experience with focused experience in project [work plan] management related to Strategy Advisory
• Direct supervisory experience and proven ability to capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment, including coaching, mentorship and performance management
• Proven data/analytical and process skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping)
• Extremely strong financial modeling skills
• Extensive story boarding and presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
• Solid written and documentation skills and attention to detail to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron’s standards of quality
• Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
• Appropriately influencing and negotiating with clients and; willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
• Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
• Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Huron’s methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments
• Willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport