Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Create Your Future.
Consulting Associate, Healthcare Revenue Cycle - Any US City
Job ID: 3584
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
When you look back on your legacy 10 years from now, 15 years from now…what will you see? Huron healthcare associates have the answer. “I developed strategies for health systems that navigated the complexities of an ever-changing environment”…”I helped clients gain insights, set direction, reduce complexity, operate efficiently and build a healthy organizational culture”…”I was on the forefront of clinical transformation helping clients deliver exceptional patient care while minimizing costs”…”I was on the cutting edge—building population health models, embracing new payment structures and leveraging the latest technologies.”
Our approach to our clients’ business is rooted in our belief that change is an opportunity, not an obstacle. Are you ready to re-imagine your future…redefine your purpose? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Your legacy begins now… with unbridled inspiration to effect meaningful change.
Associates have responsibility for leading one or more project work streams in the implementation of complex, comprehensive solutions across our healthcare clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. This role builds relationships with client staff and leadership to assess their needs through comprehensive data analytics, and implementing solutions using Huron’s tools and methodology that meet or exceed specified project results. Associates work with client leaders to solve business problems and maintain the appropriate level of support and momentum throughout the engagement.
This role thrives in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. Associates also spend time managing and mentoring junior staff on the project team by setting expectations and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, personal and Huron values along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Associates in the Revenue Cycle service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
· Analytics and Problem Solving
o Utilize Huron methodologies to typical and complex situations while being able to adapt to changing circumstances and new requirements
o Conduct client interviews related to data analysis, data interpretation, and process design to identify, recommend, and solve business problems
o Construct and/or lead data analysis by ensuring efficient data collection, instructing on analytical choices and summarizing conclusions and recommendations
· Managing Projects & People
o Plan, organize and prioritize project activities using work plans and other project management tools
o Coordinate actions to get work completed efficiently which includes delegating and leveraging appropriate internal and client resources
o Assist in preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, process flows, quality reviews, training, and presentations
o Effectively directs and motivates junior staff, including providing formal feedback as part of the performance management program
· Client Relationship Management
o Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results
o Serve as the direct point of contact with the client and quickly establish credibility for the respective project work stream by proactively building strategic working relationships
o Appropriately seek client input and cooperation while ensuring project goals are met
o Effectively obtain client feedback and appropriately respond to client concerns
· Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
· Bachelor's degree required
· A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a project-based revenue cycle performance improvement role within a hospital/clinical setting
· Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday)
· Work extended hours as necessary
· Recent consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment
· Healthcare provider experience with focused experience in process reengineering, project [work plan] management related to revenue cycle transformation
· Direct supervisory experience and proven ability to capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment, including coaching, mentorship and performance management
· Advanced knowledge of and experience working with MS Office programs and tools
· Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) to develop analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
· Excellent written and documentation skills and attention to detail to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron’s standards of quality
· Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.