Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Associate - EPM Financial Close
Job ID: 2251
Category: Business Advisory, Finance/Accounting, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Consulting companies are not all created equal and while Huron values a humble attitude, we don’t mind admitting one fact: the collective experience of our colleagues and our global footprint gives us a distinct edge in the Enterprise Solutions & Analytics arena. Because our clients rely on Huron’s forward-thinking perspective, we take the brightest consultants and immerse them in a collaborative culture that fosters brilliance.
As a leader of cloud implementations, we have significant Oracle and Salesforce expertise and are the largest and fastest-growing EPM firm in North America. With inspiring capabilities in Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Intelligence, Data Integration (and so much more), Huron guarantees to ignite your true potential.
The innovation and insight we develop today become the solutions of tomorrow.
*This position can be based anywhere in the United States*
In this role, you will work with Huron and client team members throughout the entire implementation lifecycle, including planning, configuration, design, build, testing, training, change management, go-live and post-production support. The Consulting Associate (Financial Close) will be responsible for all aspects of Hyperion system implementation including requirement gathering, application design, application configuration and implementation.
The Consulting Associate (Financial Close) will also be responsible to:
• Assist in developing and maintaining project plans.
• Translate business needs into practical solutions.
• Serve as key team member to help design and architect solutions that meet client requirements with respect to close management and account reconciliations
• Understand corporate accounting concepts including: US GAAP and FASB regulations; consolidated financial statements; currency translation; and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Design and deploy HFM as part of a full EPM solution environment
• At least 2-5 years’ experience with Hyperion Financial Management and/or Financial Data Quality Management
• At least 2-5 years’ experience in analyzing requirements, writing functional specifications, conducting tests, troubleshooting issues and interfacing with business users
• Financial reporting and analysis experience
• Understanding of the financial close cycle and related best practices
• Experience creating consolidated financial statements for public and private companies
• Experience with intercompany eliminations
• Experience with foreign currency translation and the effect of currency translation on the financial statements
• Understanding of joint ventures, direct and indirect ownership structures and equity pickup
• Hands on experience in application roll-out
• Experience with designing and creating security as well as provisioning users in Shared Services
• Knowledge in end to end process automation and interface design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong client management skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of financial process and functional processes
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus, concentration in Finance or Accounting is preferred
• Willingness to travel up to 80%
• Familiarity with entire Hyperion EPM Suite
• Previous consulting experience in a client-facing
• Industry vertical experience
• Oracle Certifications
• CPA is a plus
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.