Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Associate - EPM Financial Close
Job ID: 2251
Category: Finance/Accounting, Business Advisory, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Job Practice Description:
Huron’s Enterprise Solutions and Analytics practice delivers solutions that help organizations manage and optimize their financial performance, operational efficiency, and client experience. With expertise in full-service enterprise performance management, business analytics, CRM, and big data professional services, Huron helps global clients across industries drive results and gain competitive advantage. Our comprehensive offerings include organizational improvements and software consulting leveraging both cloud and on-premise configurations. Huron is a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and a Gold level partner of the Salesforce.com partner network.
*This position can be based anywhere in the United States*
In this role, you will work with Huron and client team members throughout the entire implementation lifecycle, including planning, configuration, design, build, testing, training, change management, go-live and post-production support. The Consulting Associate (Financial Close) will be responsible for all aspects of Hyperion system implementation including requirement gathering, application design, application configuration and implementation.
The Consulting Associate (Financial Close) will also be responsible to:
• Assist in developing and maintaining project plans.
• Translate business needs into practical solutions.
• Serve as key team member to help design and architect solutions that meet client requirements with respect to close management and account reconciliations
• Understand corporate accounting concepts including: US GAAP and FASB regulations; consolidated financial statements; currency translation; and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Design and deploy HFM as part of a full EPM solution environment
• At least 2-5 years’ experience with Hyperion Financial Management and/or Financial Data Quality Management
• At least 2-5 years’ experience in analyzing requirements, writing functional specifications, conducting tests, troubleshooting issues and interfacing with business users
• Financial reporting and analysis experience
• Understanding of the financial close cycle and related best practices
• Experience creating consolidated financial statements for public and private companies
• Experience with intercompany eliminations
• Experience with foreign currency translation and the effect of currency translation on the financial statements
• Understanding of joint ventures, direct and indirect ownership structures and equity pickup
• Hands on experience in application roll-out
• Experience with designing and creating security as well as provisioning users in Shared Services
• Knowledge in end to end process automation and interface design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong client management skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of financial process and functional processes
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus, concentration in Finance or Accounting is preferred
• Willingness to travel up to 80%
• Familiarity with entire Hyperion EPM Suite
• Previous consulting experience in a client-facing
• Industry vertical experience
• Oracle Certifications
• CPA is a plus
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?