Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Consulting Associate, CDI Consultant, Part B - Any Major US City
Job ID: 4585
Category: Healthcare Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
When you look back on your legacy 10 years from now, 15 years from now…what will you see? Huron healthcare associates have the answer. “I developed strategies for health systems that navigated the complexities of an ever-changing environment”…”I helped clients gain insights, set direction, reduce complexity, operate efficiently and build a healthy organizational culture”…”I was on the forefront of clinical transformation helping clients deliver exceptional patient care while minimizing costs”…”I was on the cutting edge—building population health models, embracing new payment structures and leveraging the latest technologies.”
Our approach to our clients’ business is rooted in our belief that change is an opportunity, not an obstacle. Are you ready to re-imagine your future…redefine your purpose? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Your legacy begins now… with unbridled inspiration to effect meaningful change.
An Associate in the Clinical Documentation Improvement practice will play a key role in developing work plans,
completing complex analyses and preparing "client ready" deliverables. They have strong knowledge in healthcare and/or hospital administration, and their specific practice area and are expected to build client relationships at the hospital director and VP levels.
Job Details: Associates in the Clincal Documentation Improvement practice have the following responsibilities:
- Perform analyses and develop recommendations to improve operational and financial performance for clients
- Facilitate and leading client meetings
- Develop team work plans and coordinating project team activities
- Download data from client systems, prepare a wide variety of analyses, and develop recommendations to clients for performance
- Support existing client project teams with their analytical and reporting needs
- Collaborate to plan client engagements.
- Perform client interviews for selected operational areas as necessary.
- Inform engagement team leaders of the engagement status and assist in managing staff analyst's performance and
achieving/exceeding budget expectations.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with engagement team members and client personnel at all levels.
- Manage expectations of deliverables and timing.
- Assist in the development of capabilities and performance measurements (Key Performance Indicators).
- Prepare graphics and presentations as appropriate to identify potential savings and assist the client in understanding method and
process recommendations required to achieve measurable results
- Bachelor degree, preferably in healthcare, business or related field
- One or more of the following coding certifications required: CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, COC
- 3-5 years coding and billing experience within a hospital, physician or consulting firm setting required
Possess specialized skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Reimbursement - billing and charge description master
- Revenue Cycle
- Coding and reimbursement (primarily hospital outpatient and/or physician practice)
- Health insurance practices including part -B private insurance
- Healthcare compliance and regulatory requirements including physician and staff coding training and compliance education
Possess the following skill sets:
- detailed oriented with solid written and documentation skills
- excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- desire to do meaningful work and make a difference
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
Ability to make the following minimum travel commitment:
Monday - Thursday on-site at client location/Friday home office - each/every week. As such, our consultants can live anywhere in the lower 48 states as long as they are near a major airport.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.