Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Consultant, Life Sciences Market Access & Pricing
Category: Life Sciences Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United Kingdom
State: Greater London
Job Type: Full-time Salary
We are hiring a Consultant to join Pope Woodhead, a part of Huron Consulting Group’s Life Sciences practice.
Pope Woodhead is a leading provider of strategic consulting and integrated solutions to pharmaceutical companies. Our 30 plus years’ experience of working with leading global companies informs our innovative thinking and collaborative approach. Our consulting services cover strategic market access and payer engagement, regulatory and risk management and capability building within pharma.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• Define, document and deliver work projects:
- explain/present Pope Woodhead's purpose and capabilities to potential and existing clients
- write discussion documents and proposals
- scope, plan and manage multi-component work projects
- monitor resource, budget and delivery requirements
- liaise with Principal Consultant and Operations Manager re. personal workloads, project status, resource requirements, costings and budgets
- liaise with Finance Director re. project costing, budgets, and client invoicing
• Client account development:
- maximise new work opportunities (project development and new leads)
- contribute to sales activities
• Practice development:
- working with the Practice Head to develop practice offerings
• Analytical and editorial skills: ability to analyse and interpret scientific data, research and write structured reports, write to different styles, audiences and vehicles, edit others work
• Consulting skills: ability to reduce complex information into simple, actionable frameworks
• Organisational skills: ability to prioritise own workload; work to deadlines and under pressure
• Communication and interpersonal skills: ability to work in multiple teams or alone; communicate with people at all levels; negotiate and lead
• Project management skills: ability to bring about successful completion of specific goals and objectives whilst adhering to project constraints of scope, time and budget on multi-component work projects
• Account management skills: ability to develop a working relationship with client contacts to maximise new work opportunities
• Ability to work flexibly and travel to client sites, predominantly in Europe on an occasional basis (average of 1 day every 6 weeks)
• Pharmacological, sciences or business degree
• Minimum of four years pharmaceutical consultancy or healthcare agency work experience
• Proven project delivery capabilities for consulting or agency assignments for pharmaceutical/healthcare industry sector clients
• Proven consulting, project/account management and editorial capabilities
• Commercial acumen
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.