Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Job ID: 2770
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The Compliance Specialist is a member of Huron’s Governance, Risk, and Compliance team. This position contributes to the team objectives to ensure Huron complies with industry regulations, client requirements, and best practices as guided and typically focuses on his/her own work product. As a member of the GRC team, this position works under close supervision to ensure Huron’s adherence and improvement to certifications and regulations such as ISO27001, ISO22301, EU-US Privacy Shield, HIPAA, and Sarbanes Oxley. The job requires that the compliance specialist follows standard practices and procedures when participating in the annual updates of Huron policies, assisting senior team members with RFP and contract reviews, as well as building foundational concepts required for the role.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Ability to analyze issues and problem solve applying foundational concepts under direct supervision
- Good communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with team members and project stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Basic ability to communicate complex technical issues to users with little technical background/expertise
- Fundamental project management skills
Foundational Knowledge in:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Technical writing fundamentals
- 1-2 years in an audit or compliance or technical writer role
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Presenting in front of groups of executives and IT professionals
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Job is located in Chicago, Illinois
• Travel for this position is expected to be between 0 and 10%
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.