Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Compliance Specialist, IT GRC
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
Let’s get to work - together.
The Compliance Specialist works collaboratively within the Governance, Risk, and Compliance team to ensure Huron complies with industry regulations, client requirements, and best practices. This position works on a diverse scope of work ranging from performing internal audits for Huron certifications and compliance, analyses new compliance requirements and makes recommendations on actions to be taken by Huron to comply, and facilitates annual audits for ISO and Sarbanes Oxley. This position works under limited supervision with latitude for independent judgment. Specifically working with business owners to create management responses to audit findings, making policy updates as needed, and lend assistance to the creation of new policies and procedures as needed.
• Leads Huron through compliance audits, including SOX, HIPPA, ISO, client, etc.
• Provide guidance on the compliance audit processes to practices and maintain templates for additional practice groups to evaluate their readiness
• Facilitation of supporting exercises for Business continuity exercises and Computer Security Incident Response Testing (CSIRT)
• Assists with employee compliance training and education initiatives.
• Reports on completion percentage of security awareness. Under the supervision of the Lead Compliance Specialist, report on security incidents logged to Governance, Risk, and Compliance against completion of security awareness training.
Provides work product peer review of work completed by the Compliance Specialist to ensure security awareness training is appropriate for the company.
• Oversees and provides feedback to analyst on completion of RFP and contract review. Also completes reviews as necessary. Will contribute to client calls to discuss RFP/contract review questions/follow ups Compliance and Audits
• Evaluate measures taken to investigate and resolve compliance issues/concerns in a timely manner, and work with Huron’s Chief Compliance Officer to enhance investigation, resolution and compliance efforts.
• Provide reports on a regular basis to senior management regarding the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Advise and support Huron Information Technology and senior management in preparing for internal and/or external audits through facilitation, planning, briefing, consolidation, review, interpretation, documenting and auditing of reports and materials. Liaise with internal and external audit groups as they audit and assess Huron’s compliance with regulatory and policy standards.
• Partner with Huron IT and Huron Practice groups to develop and implement action plans based on recommendations and/or gaps from internal and external audits.
• Facilitate Huron’s annual disaster recovery test. Work with application owners to scope the overall test and validate preparedness for a disaster.
Advanced communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with team members and project stakeholders both verbally and in writing
Aptitude to communicate complex technical issues to users with little technical background/expertise
Intermediate project management skills
Experience in leading companies through compliance audits
Strong knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies as they pertain to external regulatory requirements (e.g., SOX, ISO, CoBIT, COSO, GLBA, Safe Harbor Framework, Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP), NIST, GDPR
Advanced knowledge of industry directions and trends in IT Audit, Risk Management and Regulations and Information Security
BASIC CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
Proficient Knowledge in:
Microsoft office suite
Technical writing fundamentals
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.