Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Business Development Manager, Life Sciences (Boston)
Category: Life Sciences
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Imagine sharing your expertise in the areas that really matter in today’s Life Sciences sector—biopharmaceuticals, diagnostic manufacturing, healthcare’s evolution. Imagine developing strategies that resonate both clinically and commercially, driving meaningful change in an evolving and complex industry.
It’s through this unmatched expertise and true partnership that we help clients achieve real change. Not just change that accelerates our clients and their companies. The kind that shapes and transforms the industry and the lives we all serve...the kind that positively impacts patients’ lives.
Imagine being on the forefront—with other forward thinkers who reflect that rare confluence of intellectual and practical, analytical and creative. Imagine the difference you can make if you Join Huron Life Sciences.
The Business Development Manager is an integral part of the Life Sciences practice’s business development and marketing efforts. The Manager works closely with senior team members to identify and develop long lasting client relationships, build our brand, and ultimately help the practice impact the marketplace.
The Business Development Manager:
• Partners with MDs/SDs/Principal Consultants in developing networking/outreach opportunities; identifying and qualifying potential sales leads and new business opportunities
• Helps develop outreach plans, schedules and coordinates introductory meetings for senior team members, and facilitates follow up
• Inputs and maintains all required information into Salesforce
• Maintain/update/distribute information for Quarterly Key Account review meetings
• Responds expediently to RFP/RFQ/RFIs
• Plans, organizes and implements special projects and events
• Research and analyze industry data to identify and prioritize target accounts/individuals
• Develops and maintains knowledge of competitors in market and client base
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional sales and or marketing position
• Proactive and performance driven, motivated with a focused attitude even while working independently
• Life Sciences or healthcare experience preferred
• Creative and motivated: able to think strategically and successfully position products
• Strong organizational skills with emphasis on detail and prompt follow up
• Experience with SalesForce (Customer Management Software) is preferred
• Minimal travel required
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.