Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Business Development Manager, Higher Education - Salesforce (Midwest - West region)
Category: Enterprise Solutions & Analytics Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Consulting companies are not all created equal and while Huron values a humble attitude, we don’t mind admitting one fact: the collective experience of our colleagues and our global footprint gives us a distinct edge in the Enterprise Solutions & Analytics arena. Because our clients rely on Huron’s forward-thinking perspective, we take the brightest consultants and immerse them in a collaborative culture that fosters brilliance.
As a leader of cloud implementations, we have significant Oracle, Workday and Salesforce expertise and are the largest and fastest-growing EPM firm in North America. With inspiring capabilities in Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Intelligence, Data Integration (and so much more), Huron guarantees to ignite your true potential.
The innovation and insight we develop today become the solutions of tomorrow.
What will your legacy be?
Huron’s higher education practice delivers comprehensive management consulting services and solutions to universities and academic medical centers. As the industry leader, we are the largest practice dedicated to serving the higher education industry. Our team is the foundation that drives client success - bringing unmatched experience, passion, and commitment to every engagement. Our diverse backgrounds and perspectives enable us to design and implement comprehensive, customized solutions that measurably improve our clients’ abilities to support and advance their core missions—education, research, patient care, and public service.
In an industry that necessitates change, we challenge the status quo, enabling our client partners to evolve by identifying and realizing unique opportunities across all functions. Leveraging our vast breadth and depth of experience, highly collaborative mindset and outcome-focused approach, we help clients align and optimize resources to Own the Future.
Our team has real world experience delivering creative, collaborative, and cost-effective solutions utilizing Salesforce’s sales, service, and marketing clouds. The platform expertise of both our onshore and offshore teams allows us to assist our clients in developing customized solutions that extend the value of Salesforce across the enterprise by means of integration and tailor-made applications. And when your applications need to go mobile or social, we provide the guidance and know-how that will ensure your customers, students, and employees stay connected.
This individual will be a Sales Leader (Business Development Manager, BDM) within Huron’s Salesforce organization, primarily focused on the Western region of the United States and the Higher Education industry Huron is a Premier Implementation Partner of Salesforce.org that understands the full product suite offered by Salesforce.com.
The success of a BDM will be contingent on having:
- Strong solution sales skills
- Deep understanding of the SFDC value proposition developed through strong relationships with Salesforce.org sales organization
- Ability to smoothly transition the client from the Salesforce.org sales organization to the Huron SFDC sales and implementation team
The individual will sell SFDC solutions. Success may be found selling through the Salesforce.org sales organization or directly to the end user. If focused on the end user, the successful BDM will be tapped into a broad and deep Higher Ed community in his/her region.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prospecting and developing new clients to expand and maintain an extensive pipeline of qualified new client opportunities
- Achieving annual sales goals and market penetration targets
- Partnering with internal Huron leaders to introduce Huron ‘s SFDC Higher Ed solutions to clients
- Co-developing client strategies with Sales and Marketing leadership and other practices
- Defining growth opportunities through industry, client, and competitor analysis
- Assuring high levels of client service and satisfaction
- Minimum of 5 years Higher Education industry experience.
- Depth in and knowledge of the SFDC sales cycle and product offering, or the equivalent
- Extensive experience in selling professional services solutions on a national level.
- Proven ability to build and sustain long term relationships with clients to drive revenue.
- Extensive experience in the development and execution of the sales process to close the business deal through executive level contacts.
- Masterful ability at identifying client issues, setting priorities and providing solutions based upon Huron’s offerings.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Undergraduate Degree (e.g. BA, BS). MBA a plus
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.