Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Business Developer, Healthcare Sales Federal
Job ID: 3643
Category: Healthcare Consulting, Sales
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, technology and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for establishing relationships at new federal healthcare clients and selling complex and broad solutions to new and existing federal healthcare clients. The executive will source and identify new Huron business opportunities/engagements by using existing professional network of contacts and by initiating and developing relationships with executive client professionals and professional advisors that lead to signed contracts for Huron to deliver professional services.
Other responsibilities include:
• Prospecting and developing new clients to expand Huron’s federal presence including maintaining an extensive pipeline of qualified new client opportunities.
• Achieving annual sales goals and market penetration generating the following sales targets:
1st year – $7.5 million
2nd year – $10 million
3rd year – $15 million
• Uses knowledge of the healthcare market and healthcare clients to educate Huron Healthcare Managing Directors and Directors.
• Partnering with internal Huron Managing Directors to introduce Huron’s solutions to clients.
• Co-developing client strategies with Huron’s Healthcare Sales leadership and other practices.
• Defining growth opportunities through industry, client, and competitor analysis.
• Assuring high levels of client service and satisfaction
• Depth and background in the federal healthcare industry. Able to communicate an understanding of the federal healthcare market and the influences that impact the current and future states of the healthcare marketplace to internal and external audiences.
• Previous federal consulting or business development experience with deep client relationships in the federal market
• Extensive knowledge of professional services selling and the ability to build and sustain long term relations with clients to drive revenue.
• A minimum of 10 years experience demonstrating success in an individual contributor sales role as an originator for a professional services organization.
• Extensive experience in the development and execution of the sales process to close the business deal through the executive contacts.
• Undergraduate Degree (e.g. BA, BS). MBA or MHA preferred
U.S. work authorization is required.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.