Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Billing Analyst - Clinical Research (Washington, D.C.)
Category: Higher Education
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
City: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Education has the world’s largest practice dedicated to serving the higher education industry. Our team of professionals, each with extensive knowledge and experience in the business of higher education and academic medical centers, delivers comprehensive services to the industry and partners with institutions to improve business performance across the enterprise. Our professionals draw from their experience working across various technology solutions, as well as strategic, financial, operational, and regulatory aspects of higher education to develop and implement the most effective solutions. Huron Education has worked with over 400 universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions to improve performance so they can continue their traditions of extraordinary achievement. The Huron Education team provides solutions across the following segments: Strategy and Operations, Research and Technology.
The Clinical Research Billing Specialist is part of the Research Office team. This role focuses on performing a detailed analysis of the billed items and services provided to research subjects enrolled in a clinical trial to determine the degree to which their claims comply with the governing rules. These analyses are used to guide compliant billing for our clients as well as to conduct post billing audits to inform them when they have not been compliant and need to repay money that they are not entitled to per the rules regulating clinical research billing, mainly the Medicare Clinical Trial Policy (NCD 310.1).
• 1-2 years of experience in coding or billing in a hospital setting;
• Bachelor’s degree in a health/science related discipline (biology, public health, healthcare administration, nursing, etc.), or equivalent professional experience;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent time and task management skills, including adhering to project work plans, budgets, and timelines;
• Must be self-motivated;
• Demonstrated resourcefulness;
• Willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback;
Preferred skills include
• Experience with the Medicare Clinical Trial Policy (NCD 310.1) and other applicable research billing rules;s
• Experience in hospital revenue cycle processes, including patient registration, charge entry, and claims processing;
• Experience in healthcare compliance, general healthcare billing compliance, research billing, or research billing compliance a significant plus;
• Knowledge of federal regulations related to clinical research and billing compliance;
• Knowledge of Medicare Clinical Trials Policies, National Coverage Decisions, Local Coverage Decisions, and Limitations on Coverage, medical claims coding practices and clinical processes;
• Working knowledge and experience with clinical trial regulatory documents such as protocols, informed consent documents and Clinical Trial Agreements;
• Experience working in an administrative/ business office of a university, hospital, or research institute;
• Ability and willingness to travel.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.