Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Associate, Internal Communications-Chicago
Job ID: 3431
Category: Corporate - Marketing
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
Let’s get to work - together.
The superstar who fills this role is one-part communication strategist, one-part writer, one-part storyteller, one-part video and podcast coordinator and 100% passionate about the employee audience. The internal communications associate uses sound judgment and sharp writing skills to deliver effective and creative internal communication solutions that support Huron's strategic goals. This individual works closely with the manager of internal and business communications to research, write and produce communications and plans that inform, engage and align employees around the company’s vision and objectives. This professional partners with the marketing team, executives, consultants, human resources, IT and other key business stakeholders with a keen eye on quality and deadlines.
• Provides communications support to enterprisewide initiatives as well as to Huron’s consulting practices, marketing and other corporate departments, including writing, proofreading and editing posts and announcements. Serves as writer/editor of the biweekly all-company news roundup and the monthly marketing e-newsletter.
• Produces and executes employee communication and change management plans, identifying objectives, strategies, tactics and metrics.
• Maintains company intranet content as well as messaging pushed through other company channels (e.g., email, SharePoint, webcasts, videos, blogs, print).
• Project manages company communications campaigns.
• Researches, recommends and implements(?) new communication technologies and methodologies to increase the company’s communications effectiveness and efficiency.
• Project manages deployment of new communication technologies and platforms.
• Provides support and on-site assistance for internal practice meetings, marketing meetings and town hall events.
• Maintains internal communications calendar.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, PR/Advertising, Journalism
• At least 4-7 years’ corporate communications or related experience
• Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
• Strategic and objectives-driven communication planning, including messaging and positioning
• Knowledge of current communication tools and technologies, with an eye on new trends
• Project management skills
• Agility and ability to multitask
• Excellent attention to detail
• Budget management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to build trust with internal clients
• Experience working on project teams to achieve goals
• Management of communications to multiple stakeholder groups at local, regional, national and international levels
• Willingness to handle administrative tasks
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.